Trojan boats for dummies...

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

offshoredreams

Trojan boats for dummies...

Post by offshoredreams »

I am new here and to the world of wood boats. I am in the process of buying 2 trojans...that can be seen on the picture page. How do you remove a flybridge so it can be transported? what is the best protection for the teak wood decks etc...? I am buying these boats sight unseen except for the internet pictures. I really need to learn alot in order to keep up with these boats and all information given is greatly appreciated. thanx Jon in Fl.
JRB3

Post by JRB3 »

Well Jon, I'm new to this site, but have been around large wood boats most of my life! I've worked on alot of them also, but to purchase a boat unseen let alone a wood boat :shock: Wow brother! Most fly bridges are screwed down into the saloon or main cabin top through a stripping of wood or a lip on the inside edges of the bridge itself. Once these are removed you have to 'jack' the bridge up (My Dad and I did this twice) by having a buddy lift each end while another puts 2x4s under to keep it up. Once that's done ALL the cables and wiring must be disconected (It's easier if this is done at the bridge end). Now your going to need a fork-lift or 3 linebackers to 'up-over-down' the monster onto a skid for transport. The teak decks can be sanded (Fine grain or grit) bleached and then treated with Sikkens Teak Treatments and Finishes.