New Member F 32

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

ken64k

New Member F 32

Post by ken64k »

Hi.
I'm looking for information on a F 32 Trojan. I'm looking at a very nice 1975 F 32. This boat is in very good condition and the price is right.
Years ago I had an older 26 foot Trojan single screw and it did not handle good in heavy seas or when hitting large wakes.
This boat has the ford 351s in it with 500 hours. I'd like to know how the F32 rides in heavier seas and what I can expect for fuel burn with it.
The boat is still winterized so it will be a little while before I could really check it out.

Thank You

Ken
Trojan F32 Flybridge 1975
Twin Ford 351s
Albany N.Y.
oil&water
Moderate User

Re: New Member F 32

Post by oil&water »

Hi Ken, the F32 is a nice vessel for running around place to place and occasional fishing. It does okay in a head sea. A little rough, but not horrible. In a beam sea she rolls some. In a following sea, the tail wags the dog, quite dramatically. The ride is a trade off for very little roll at rest. She is a very stable platform when at idle, anchor, or at the dock.

A friend of mine has the Chrysler 360's in his and burns about 14-15GPH at 18 knots. That averages out to about 2750 RPMs. Over that and the burn starts to jump.

The biggest negative with the F32 is the shallow rear deck, dictating the need for the wood rails. Of course, the low freeboard makes it easier to get on and off the dock.

She makes an all around nice vessel with plenty of salon room. Four to six is about the most you can expect to have onboard comfortably.
Currently Trojan-less :?
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

Pretty much agree with the comments above . What is your intended use and area for the boat ?
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
ken64k

Post by ken64k »

The intended use is just general cruising. Mostly two to three day trips. The area will be the North East and some trips up the Hudson to the Great Lakes.
Last year we did a two and a half month cruise in a Bayliner Ciera 2655 which went well
https://trianglecruise.wordpress.com/20 ... t-title-3/
We're looking for a bigger boat with a little more room to do more cruises like this.

Thanks
Ken
Twin Ford 351s
Albany N.Y.
P-Dogg
Active User
Location: Near Baltimorgue, Murderland, where they prove every day that gun control doesn't work.

Post by P-Dogg »

Welcome to the forum. Great writeup on the triangle. Might have to do that when I retire.

Can you post any pics or the link to the ad for the boat? The more info you provide, the easier it is to help. You can of course make good use of the search feature too.

Remember that the best use of your maintenance dollars is to thoroughly inspect a boat before you own it.
I needed a less expensive hobby, so I bought a boat!
ken64k

Post by ken64k »

P-Dogg sorry I can not post any pictures of the boat I'm thinking of buying. It is still shrink wrapped and the guy only has it listed as word of mouth.
I can tell you it has the Ford 351 motors with 500 hours, new manifolds and risers. From what I did see of the boat you could tell that the owner takes
very good care of it. I hope to be able to meet with the own in a week or two and take it out for a run. I'm just looking for information on anything to look out for or if I should stay away from this model boat.
Twin Ford 351s
Albany N.Y.
oil&water
Moderate User

Post by oil&water »

The F32 is one of the most popular hulls ever produced by Trojan. I can tell you that an F32 is what caused my wife and I to look at F36's (since we have a larger family). They are incredibly roomy for a 32'er. The hulls are solid glass. Decks are cored and do develop soft spots that will need repair if maintenance is not kept up on the sealant around the fasteners. I have been in some vicious four footers onboard an F32 and felt safe onboard. The hull will definitely take more than the crew.

I am 5'9" and my wife is 5'6". We both sleep comfortably in the V-berth. Engine maintenance is fairly easy and access is straight forward. The entire floor removes in the salon area. The rear of the Genset is tucked up towards the back of the engine compartment, which can make things more exciting to work on. The rear tanks, if equipped, require lifting of the back deck of maintenance is required. Not a big deal once the flybridge ladder is removed.

The 351's in good shape should last you a while. The key is to use the boat and enjoy her. Keep up with you maintenance as needed.

All in all, the F32 should be a strong contender in your search.
Currently Trojan-less :?