10 Meter Hatches

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

Coonash

10 Meter Hatches

Post by Coonash »

After several attempts to seal both hatches I am about to cut out both and replace with Bomar later this year. Has anyone done this? I ask because I am a little apprehensive about cutting a 2' hole in the deck. :o

I have tried to seal the originals several times, even purchasing the material through Beacon. I'm tired of wet V-Berth and cabin floors after rains.
Ash
1984 Trojan International 10 Meter
Flyboy
Sporadic User

Re: 10 Meter Hatches

Post by Flyboy »

Do not know why you are having so much trouble. I re-sealed both of my hatches with seal from Beacon marine. Scraped out all the old glue, cleaned channel with solvent. Glued the new seals in with supplied adhesive, superglued the ends together. I have had no leaks. I did take my hatches off to remove and install the seal. Seems a bit drastic to cut bigger hole for new hatches.
I would re do the seals if you can and try again.
1981 10 meter Trojan International
Coonash

Post by Coonash »

I did all of that, Several times. The only thing I can think of is that maybe the hatches have warped a little bit.
1984 Trojan International 10 Meter
Flyboy
Sporadic User

Post by Flyboy »

Since the holes for the hardware go through the hatch, if you think they are warped, flip them over and see what happens. Mine are acrylic, I assume yours are the same.
1981 10 meter Trojan International