1975 F32 Bimini

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

ken64k

1975 F32 Bimini

Post by ken64k »

I just got a 1975 Trojan F32 that is in great shape. The only problem is I only have the frame for the Bimini. I'm going to make the Bimini
myself, but I need the dimensions between each of the three bows from the front to the rear. It would be greatly appreciated if someone
could measure their top . I can do the job as I made a camper top for my last boat.

Thank You

Ken
Trojan F32 Flybridge 1975
Twin Ford 351s
Albany N.Y.
captainmaniac
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Re: 1975 F32 Bimini

Post by captainmaniac »

You are best to measure your own setup, as it may not be factory, factory rigs may even have not been identical, and if it is still the original framing yours has had 42 years to get bent out of shape. My factory setup was aluminum tubing with vinyl bimini, so if the frame is not aluminum it is likely not factory. If needed, you can open up the bows and use masking tape between them to 'set' separations that give you adequate coverage from forward to aft, while still keeping headroom and enough of an arc that water won't pool on the bimini later. That's how the custom guys typically fab a new frame - cut and fit things as they go, and use tape to give it a shape so they can make a custom pattern for it.

I had mine replaced a couple years ago (as most people do after this many years) by a custom shop with SS framing (custom design with extra 'brow' on the aft end) and new Sunbrella fabric.