Blower motor

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

Bear

Blower motor

Post by Bear »

1986 f32 blower motor trips after few minutes can it be rebuilt or replace easier , I know it's on starboard side is there another one? Thanks in advance jim
Jim Bear Shut up & reel II ( life is short go fish)
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Re: Blower motor

Post by prowlersfish »

It can be replaced , some are a real pain to do so . But a easy fix is to disconnect the wiring and install a inline blower . Cheaper too
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
captainmaniac
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by captainmaniac »

And on my '79 I have blowers in both the port and starboard side cupboards in the salon area. I had one quit a few years ago and was replaced with an inline Attwood blower.... kept the original blower in too and just gutted it for improved air flow. But the Attwood does all the work.
Last edited by captainmaniac on Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bear

Post by Bear »

Thank you sounds like it's a pain to get to there isn't much on these boats that are hard to get to that's what I like about them easy to work on inline might be the way to go thank you glad I asked
Jim Bear Shut up & reel II ( life is short go fish)
lunkerbasserfishing

Post by lunkerbasserfishing »

Agreed, inline way to go.