Military Appreciation Day - Tidewater VA

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

oil&water
Moderate User

Military Appreciation Day - Tidewater VA

Post by oil&water »

Hi folks, I am hoping that all our southern Chesapeake Bay Trojan owners can help out with a great Active Duty Military event.

Military Appreciation Day - Tidewater is rapidly approaching on Saturday, August 26th. We will be hosted this year by Willoughby Marina in Norfolk, VA. This is a big year as we celebrate the 5th anniversary of our Tidewater Chapter.

We are in need of you, your boat, and your fishing skills to host Active Duty Troops out on the Chesapeake Bay for a free day of fishing for the men and women who so bravely protect our country.

Whether inshore or offshore fishing, a 17' or 40' boat, we need your help to make our 5th Anniversary event a success!

Please go to www.militaryappreciationday.org/tidewater to sign up your boat for this terrific event!

I have been involved with MAD Tidewater since 2014 and can tell you that without a doubt, it is one of the most fulfilling days I fish each year. The troops assigned to your boat will be grateful to get out on the water in a boat. Often times they only get the chance to fish off a pier or on a lake. These men and women love saltwater fishing, frankly fishing in general, and deserve the opportunity to be given the chance to relax and enjoy your company during this great event.

All expenses for the trip are tax deductible as MAD Tidewater is a VA registered nonprofit charity with a 501(c)(3) designation.

As a MAD boat, we will supply you with one bag of ice (if departing from Willouhby), blanket Sea Tow coverage during the event, an awesome catered After Party at Willoughby Marina, a Captain's bucket, and years of happy photos of your troops thoroughly enjoying themselves! (Departure from Willoughby Marina is not required. Your assigned troops can meet you at your boat!)

Please take the time to register you and your boat today! Be sure to view the past years through our online photos on the webpage. I promise it will be one of the best days of your summer fishing memories!

www.militaryappreciationday.org/tidewater
Currently Trojan-less :?
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Re: Military Appreciation Day - Tidewater VA

Post by prowlersfish »

Our YC with VVFS Just did a "Veterans on Yachts" more boats then Vets . This was the second year .
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
oil&water
Moderate User

Re: Military Appreciation Day - Tidewater VA

Post by oil&water »

At the current moment we are about even between boat seats and troops. Our last month of registration, which is now, is when the numbers get asque where we have more troops than seats. The only reason we are okay at the moment is due to two head boats volunteering seats. If it was not for them, we would be hurting. The last couple of years has been very hard to recruit boats. Guess too many are selling them due to bad fishing.

We like to try and get the troops out on private boats and save the head boats for troops that enjoy that kind of fishing.

If you have any ideas to get more private boat participation, I'm all ears!
Currently Trojan-less :?