Craigslist '74 F25 Wood Topsides ??

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

PNWAlan

Craigslist '74 F25 Wood Topsides ??

Post by PNWAlan »

If this really is a '74 Trojan would the deck and cabin construction have been factory or was this likely crafted by an owner? Top sides non withstanding the hull lines don't seem quite right? Then again I've only been looking at Trojans for a couple of weeks so what the heck do I know?

Craigs List F25

Alan
oil&water
Moderate User

Re: Craigslist '74 F25 Wood Topsides ??

Post by oil&water »

Alan,

I believe this is a 1974 Trojan Sea Raider 25 Express. Would have been a wooden boat. I am wondering if it is wood that has been glassed based on the pictures.

Will have to wait for others who know those models better to weigh in on this one.
Currently Trojan-less :?
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Re: Craigslist '74 F25 Wood Topsides ??

Post by prowlersfish »

The Sea Raiders had Fiber glass hulls and wood top sides . They were Trojans first step into glass boats . I believe the last years were 74 or 75 . The Sea Voyager were all wood and the Sea breeze were wood ( lap strake I belike ) there were of course other models .
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D