F28 Thru Hull Fittings

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

Lance F28

F28 Thru Hull Fittings

Post by Lance F28 »

Does anyone have a diagram showing the thru hull fittings and what they are tied to? I can see where most of them are connected but I think some have been changed by previous owners.

One issue I have is the shower drain pump is missing and the drain line is open ended in the bilge, but there is also a thru hull fitting with a hose that is not connected to anything. I'm pretty sure these go together with a drain pump tying them together but I would like to know if the A/C is somehow connected, or if it has it's own thru hull fitting for the pump and the condensate drain.
gitchisum
Moderate User

Re: F28 Thru Hull Fittings

Post by gitchisum »

Is the thru hull above or below the water line?

If it is above, could be the scenario you are describing. If below, it could be a disconnected Y valve from head to comply with fresh water regs.
88 321 Sedan 270 crusaders
2001 Seadoo Challenger 2000
97 Lowe Roughneck 17TC
1948 Alumacraft K14, Evinrude twin 6hp " Still kickin"
Lance F28

Post by Lance F28 »

It is above the water line and directly beside the one from the sink drain.

There is another thru hull well above the water line near the sewer holding tank pump out that the PO had plumbed to the portable toilet. The toilet had another larger line that looks to go to the pump out line above the holding tank. I assume the smaller line going from the toilet to the thru hull may be there for an air vent, and the larger going to the tank is obviously for disposal.
Dreamweaver

Post by Dreamweaver »

mine is a 78 F28 Port side is the sink drain, next to it is a larger one that is hooked up to a hand pump located inside the top left closet,then a smaller one that is hooked up to the bilge pump under the V floor.Above water line.

Also in the vee underneath floor is a through hull where the toilet hooks up to,it has a shut off on it but until I removed the floor there would have been no way to excess it.

Starboard side has a underwater through hull that is capped then above the water line is also a through hull for a drain,these are inline under the power panel and I am guessing under the seat is where the a/c unit goes.I do not have the lower level steering set up.

Going forward starboard side is then the above drain through hull for the bathroom sink.

I do have a switch in the bathroom or head that is labeled macerate pump that looks original but it does not work when pulled and I have been busy doing the little things like stringer replacement to really track it down.

But also under the excess panel in the salon there is another emergency hand pump mounted upside down with hoses laying there bt I am not sure where they would go as far as draining when using it,unless it is meant to just hang the hose out of the window.
Richard
1978 F28 Flybridge twin 351s.
WayWeGo
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by WayWeGo »

If your toilet is supplied with raw water, could the extra through hull be for a vented loop?
1975 F-36 Convertible
Twin Chrysler 440's
Dreamweaver

Post by Dreamweaver »

This is what I figured out after removing the rest of the floor to replace the stringers and plywood for damage caused by water leakage,and fuel tanks from the flybridge controls and wire chase.

I do not have the lower helm installed as an option.

On the port side where the helm would be located is the bare wall of the head,my wiring control panel is built into a cabinet against the port bulkhead.

Standing facing the head wall or if one has the lower helm directly below your feet is the dump valve for the toilet with the thru hull,so it gets is raw water intake from a thru hull located in the v berth about 12" back,and its discharge port side under the helm,discharging under the boat,roughly in line with that on the port side above the water line is another discharge,for me currently capped off which I am thinking that because there were no drawers installed in the dining seat that under that is where the A/C is installed,or was and where I am putting mine.

Across from the toilet waste discharge the next stringer over and closer to the V chine is another thru hull intake which I am guessing is the raw water intake for the A/C.I am guessing it would not be a good Idea to discharge waste while operating the A/C.

I have not removed the bathroom assembly to see if there is actually a holding tank under the shower drain but I will need to replace the wall where the entry door is and will find out then,if not there is plenty of room under the floor where the lower helm would be to add a custom tank and pump,but i am not sure if that is a good idea as far as weight distribution.

So port side above the waterline two through hulls,one for the A/C discharge and a larger one next to it for the head sink drain,under the rub rail is the clam shell powered vent for the head and another large through hull,I am thinking that is the looped vent maybe as suggested.

Starboard side above the water line is the sink drain,then a large one that is hooked up to the emergency hand bilge pump,then the powered bilge pump discharge.

Keeping in mind that my boat was rigged and sold for use in the gulf where 30 miles out is common,but I have noticed that for all of the options,A/C,Generator etc. that were available but not installed all of the through hulls bottom and above the water line were installed from the factory,which for me is nice because the raw water intake ones are bronze and pricey,and were capped if not used.

All of the above water line through hulls are clumped together and not spread out along the water line.

All of my above the water line through hulls are plastic and cracked so I am changing them all to bronze or SS.

Maybe this will be some help or reference,but with the age of these who knows what was added by somebody else.

Uggg I notice from my join date it has now been 3 years from the start of this little project.
Richard
1978 F28 Flybridge twin 351s.