F-28 Fuel sender location

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

JKJ

F-28 Fuel sender location

Post by JKJ »

can someone send me a picture of where the fuel tank inspection ports in the wood floor for the fuel sender are located? The PO installed laminate flooring over the original floor and possible covered up the openings. Thanks
larryeddington
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Re: F-28 Fuel sender location

Post by larryeddington »

I can send a picture when I go to lake again but not sure when that will be. Having had two f28 I can tell you the inspection ports are round plywood and are located left and right of the steps into the salon. Assuming the original salon seats are still there they are under the seats if not you will just have to pull up the laminate. Again about 1 foot right and left of the steps and about a foot from bulkhead. The sending units are a standart 5 or 6 screw circle that has been used for many years.

I was going to replace my old nasty tanks and have two brand new aluminum tanks that were custom made for the f28 which I am not going to use. The up the gallons to 148 from 100. They are on pallet and ready to send to a good home.
Larry Eddington
1984 F-36 Tri Cabin "The Phoenix II"
1978 F-28 "The Phoenix"
Fish Master 2350 Bay Boat
9.5' Dink
JKJ

Post by JKJ »

Thanks, for some reason I was expecting them to be on the forward end. It looks like the PO installed new tanks, the way I have it figured is there are 2 -80 gallon tanks under the floor now. Would this be an upgrade from original? I will check out under the seat frames first.
larryeddington
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by larryeddington »

Both of mine had 50 gallon tank on each side, I used every bit of space I had to make the new ones and they are 74 each and if you have round ones no way be 80 gal each. IMO
Larry Eddington
1978 F-28 "The Phoenix"
9.5' Dink
JKJ

Post by JKJ »

no they were rectangle as far as I could tell. I could not verify that the back side was not slanted or curved. I measured 48l x 24w x 16h = 79.8gals. The first time I filled up was 120 gallons. What was the original capacity?
larryeddington
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by larryeddington »

100 total. My new tanks are a trapezoidal shape. I only think they put round ones in there, so yours may have been replaced.
Larry Eddington
1978 F-28 "The Phoenix"
9.5' Dink