1985 EX 11 METER FUEL TANK ACCESS - FLOAT

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

dmb5025

1985 EX 11 METER FUEL TANK ACCESS - FLOAT

Post by dmb5025 »

Guy's,
Running gas motors, and trying to find fuel gauge float switch to replace. While I am in there, wanted to pump out the bottom of the 350 gallon fuel tank as well. I went to the obvious tank access plate, where I have 3 p/u lines at, this is not working. Has anyone drained /replaced the float switch a tank on ac11 meter, or has a drawing where everything is, or am I just missing something right in front of me ??? I have been called blind before LOL !! Really do not want to unscrew the whole midsection of the floor !

Thoughts,

David
Liberdade

Re: 1985 EX 11 METER FUEL TANK ACCESS - FLOAT

Post by Liberdade »

I have an '87 11 meter express, and face the same issue. My fuel gauge recently stopped working and it appears to be the sending unit/float. Removing the deck plate does allow access to the wiring, but it appears the entire deck will have to come off to allow the clearance to get the entire sending unit out.
1987 Trojan 11 Meter Express
dmb5025

Post by dmb5025 »

Thank you !
jhalb
Moderate User

Post by jhalb »

Check out the post " 11 meter fuel tank sensor". I cut a access hole to put in a new sensor.
John
"PELICAN"
1983 10 Meter Express
Jimmy
Sporadic User

Post by Jimmy »

Most often you can reach the sending unit from the from access plug towards the bow. Being it is a resistance device, it does not take much to keep the unit from sending. I could simply reach mine and un-plug the wire and plug it back in. Works great now. To replace, you need to remove the deck.
1988 Trojan 11 Meter Express

My wife made me do it... Really.....