1977 F26 Trojan Vibration

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

piercerl5874

1977 F26 Trojan Vibration

Post by piercerl5874 »

We recently rebuilt our 351w from the heads up and the motor seems to respond and has plenty of power with the exception of a vibration. The vibration occurs in neutral and in gear. Timing, firing order, plugs, and wires have been checked and tripled checked. The vibration is not that noticeable when standing towards the front of the engine but as you move back towards the exhaust it definitely increases. When we hit about 1500rpm it smooths out some but you can still feel it.

Any ideas, suggestions, or recommendations are greatly appreciated.
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Re: 1977 F26 Trojan Vibration

Post by Moderator »

I moved your post to the Trojan boat section . Where it can be seem better . I would look at the motor mounts . Make sure they are in good shape and adjusted properly .

Helping keep Trojan Yachts alive .
Forum Moderator
TrojanBoats.Net
Trojan Boater
piercerl5874

Post by piercerl5874 »

It seemed to be the hangers that support the exhaust pipes. I removed them and supported them from underneath and no more vibration.
Paul
Active User

Post by Paul »

I did the same to my '78 F-26, I epoxied a cradle to the hull under the muffler and liner the edges where the muffler sits with soft rubber to further deaden vibration. Worked like a charm.
Paul
"Cruise Control" 1978 F-26HT
"No Control" 2012 9' Grand RIB