SP Tanks and replacement fuel tanks

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

georgepet

SP Tanks and replacement fuel tanks

Post by georgepet »

Hi all...

reached out to SP tanks, Florida tanks and Luther tanks vis a vis replacement saddle tanks.

Luther tanks had designs and measurements for 48 gal tanks. Have not received a response from Florida Tanks yet.

However, I received the following from SP tanks and post only for info as many here had thought that there was a Dbase of tank designs

Hi George,

I am sorry, I don't have Trojan spec's on file. I did go through my data base and the most recent tanks we have done for Trojan boat owners were all around 125 gallons. A lot of different measurements, if you can supply the spec's or the measurements I'd be happy to quote you on replacements. I will send over a "Ballpark" quote so you can see our options etc.

Respectfully,

Diane Holt
SP Sheet Metal Company
446 N. Main St.
Barnegat, NJ 08005
(P)609 698-8800
(F)609698-8802
http://sptanks.com/
George P
1978 Trojan F32 "Defiant"
zedtwentyate
Moderate User

Re: SP Tanks and replacement fuel tanks

Post by zedtwentyate »

I put 8 phone calls and 3 emails in to Florida Marine Tanks and never got a response. I ended up repairing my aluminum tank instead of replacing it and having to get measurements.
Kegan

1986 Trojan F-27 (SOLD!!!)
1989 Trojan 10 Meter Mid Cabin
Mr. Grumpy

Post by Mr. Grumpy »

When trying to buy a new sending unit for my 1981 model FMT-115 TRJ-115 and get info. for other miscellaneous parts, I also called Florida Marine Tanks and got no response. I left a detailed message with all necessary information and a phone# to call me back. At this point I am beginning to think their customer service department has no interest responding to potential clients with a pocket full of cash...
Trojan American
1982 C-26
k9th
Ultimate User

Post by k9th »

I purchased two 125 gallon AL tanks from SP about 7 years ago for my tri-cabin and they have been totally maintenance-free. Very satisfied with the tanks.
Tim

"SeaDog"
1979 36' Tri-Cabin
Big D
Ultimate User

Post by Big D »

Call Atlantic Coastal Welding. I've dealt with them before and never had an issue with the product or communication.
http://www.speedytanks.com/
She was a 1969 36 ft wooden beauty with big blue 440s that we'll miss forever.
And thanks to the gang, 2012 Trojan Boater Of The Year
georgepet

Post by georgepet »

Thanks much Big D....

for chuckles...., where in Ontario are you?

cheers

G
George P
1978 Trojan F32 "Defiant"