F36 Battery Switch

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

WayWeGo
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

F36 Battery Switch

Post by WayWeGo »

Did the F36 come with a battery switch? Ours has a Off-1-2-Both switch near the batteries, but I cannot find any reference to it in the wiring diagrams.

Here is an old photo from the survey:
Battery Switch Small.jpg
Battery Switch Small.jpg (92.19 KiB) Viewed 2461 times
1975 F-36 Convertible
Twin Chrysler 440's
P-Dogg
Active User
Location: Near Baltimorgue, Murderland, where they prove every day that gun control doesn't work.

Re: F36 Battery Switch

Post by P-Dogg »

My tricab has no switch. Still doesn't, but I did add blue sea battery terminal fuses. Put them on your Christmas list!
I needed a less expensive hobby, so I bought a boat!
WayWeGo
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by WayWeGo »

I am going to need a very long list to update my wiring and Santa will have to be extra generous!
1975 F-36 Convertible
Twin Chrysler 440's
P-Dogg
Active User
Location: Near Baltimorgue, Murderland, where they prove every day that gun control doesn't work.

Post by P-Dogg »

Dear Santa.

Please get WWG a hydraulic crimper. If you're out of them up north, eBay has them for near $50. While you're at it, eBay is a good source for the bulk packs of battery cable crimp terminals that he doesnt realize he needs yet, and military style battery terminal clamps. You know, the high current capacity ones with the extra stud, which is good for mounting the on-battery fuse holders already on his list. He's been really good this year.

Pdogg
I needed a less expensive hobby, so I bought a boat!
WayWeGo
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by WayWeGo »

Thanks for the support with Santa! I already have the crimpers, but have not yet sourced any terminals, HW or wire.

My batteries have weird terminals. They are brass terminals with M8 studs into a threaded connection on the battery. I broke one earlier in the summer while on vacation and was unable to find any parts to replace it while travelling, so I stole a terminal off the generator battery. Rolls tech support sent me a replacement terminal once I got home, which was very nice of them considering that the previous owner of our boat bought the batteries!
1975 F-36 Convertible
Twin Chrysler 440's