Do you have Props for sale?

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

JimmyDutch

Do you have Props for sale?

Post by JimmyDutch »

Hello everyone,

I am looking for opinions regarding a three blade prop versus a four blade in a 1985 F-36. I have the 350 crusaders. From reading prior posts, I understand that the four blade prop will have better midrange performance, where the three will have better top end. However the posts I read were referring to a different Trojan boat.

I was also wondering if any members have three, or four blade props for sale.

Thanks, Jim.
1985 Trojan F36 Convertible 460
Twin 350 Crusaders
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Re: Do you have Props for sale?

Post by prowlersfish »

I prefer the 3 blades on the F36 , A friend with the same boat and engines as mine was slightly slower at all speeds with 4 blades , with that said no 2 boats are the same . Some F32 owners say they do better . Are you having any issues ? What size are you running now ?
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
JimmyDutch

Re: Do you have Props for sale?

Post by JimmyDutch »

Hey Prowlersfish!
The props that were on the boat were 4 blade 20 x 19's. The props I found are 3 blade 20x20's. The 4 blades are discolored, the mechanic said it was from current leakage in the marina. The props did not look pinkish when I bought the boat... I had a marine do a test for current leakage on the boat and he did not find any. I do see an isolation transformer in my future. The mechanic and others have told me that the discolored props are brittle and could crack and break apart. I appreciate your input I feel better putting on the three blades. And I do understand your comment that every boat is different. Once again, thanks prowlerfish!

P.S. Not looking for props anymore, thank you guys.
Attachments
IMG_4237.JPG
IMG_4237.JPG (47 KiB) Viewed 2362 times
IMG_4236.JPG
IMG_4236.JPG (56.68 KiB) Viewed 2362 times
1985 Trojan F36 Convertible 460
Twin 350 Crusaders