Am I under propped?

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

mikeandanne
Moderate User

Re: Am I under propped?

Post by mikeandanne »

prowlersfish wrote:I may take some wake photos to day .
Oh a wise guy eh.......for some of us that hurts.... :mrgreen:
mikeandanne
Moderate User

Post by mikeandanne »

bjanakos wrote:
mikeandanne wrote:I can see them fine.....bunch of blue squares with question marks in em.....I always liked Bill, some real good out take videos, funny.

So the new question, how fast at 1500 rpm or so....I was about 5.5 knt before going to 16x16 then 1500-1600 would produce about 7-7.5 knots.....still with the hull in the water, if this helps any.
Yep - I am much slower at 1500. I was trolling at 6-6.5 kts and I had to be up around 1800 to maintain that speed, but I was quartering into a 2 foot chop. But when I am in the marina no wake zone, I'm usually at 1200 to 1500 to give me 5 - 7 knts. I am usually under 4 at idle.
Well soon enough you will know for sure,for what its worth , your wake pic looks like a boat diggin a hole to me,not full on step yet.Good luck man.
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

mikeandanne wrote:
prowlersfish wrote:I may take some wake photos to day .
Oh a wise guy eh.......for some of us that hurts.... :mrgreen:

I am sorry :( well not really
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
bjanakos
Moderate User

Post by bjanakos »

Welp? The second set of props I have are just a touch bigger than the ones mounted. I had the origional props pulled and confirmed they are 16x16. At this point, I'm not really sure where to go with this. The bottom get scraped every 3 months and the dive report always says "excellent" for paint condition. My survey 2 years ago reported the hull was dry as a bone. And I don't think I am over loaded. This rig has been a real dog since had it. Other than being old and tired, I just don't have any more answers.

Ill be putting on some fresh bottom paint to touch up a few spots and a hull wax and she's ready to splash again. And will be putting up the for sale sign.

PM me if interested in a set of 16x16 props.
Last edited by bjanakos on Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

Get them scanned to be sure .
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D