F32 1973 Need some advice.

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

EvgeniyRus

F32 1973 Need some advice.

Post by EvgeniyRus »

Not so long ago, last summer, I became a happy owner of a Trojan F32 1973. While it's been sitting in the storage during this winter I came up with a couple things I want to add and remove from it. Would appreciate your help and any suggestions.

First of all, want to add autopilot as the previous owner removed it and fishing without it is a little bit challenging. Looking for something that is good enough and will not break the wallet. I don't really need a fancy one where the course can be plotted in, just need one that will hold a direction while I'm setting the gear up.

Want to remove flybridge, haven't used it last summer and all controls are not working there, they are in good shape just disconnected, but have no idea what to do with it after it's removed, just tow it to the junkyard or there is a market from them?
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Re: F32 1973 Need some advice.

Post by prowlersfish »

Do you still have the mechanical steering Or has it been up graded to hydraulic ? That will make difference on the auto pilot options . Not much of a market for a used fly bridge , maybe the controls . Removing the fly bridge will effect resale as many buyers would want it . Just some thing to think about .

And welcome to the forums
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
EvgeniyRus

Post by EvgeniyRus »

It's been upgraded to hydraulics. Flybridge is still mechanical and disconnected. I understand that value might go down, but since I don't use it It's an extra weight now and it seems to be a big project to make it work again.
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

Since its been upgraded you have a lot of choices , Garmin Raymarine Simrad Just to name a few .
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D