10 Meter Bilge Wiring

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

Coonash

10 Meter Bilge Wiring

Post by Coonash »

Tackling some more previous owner issues. The forward and midship bilge pumps are direct wired to batteries. I am trying to wire back to original specs. My question is that I have 3 sets of OEM wires going going to pumps. 1 has power, 1 doesn't. Can someone explain to me how it's supposed to be wired? I want to be like it was, automatic w/float and manual option.
Ash
1984 Trojan International 10 Meter
BeaconMarineBob
Beacon Bob
Beacon Bob

Re: 10 Meter Bilge Wiring

Post by BeaconMarineBob »

One wire I is constant 12 + red which goes to float then to the pump. It is fused by a red dot blacker at DC panel

One wire is 12+ Black wire which is controlled by the toggel switch at the DC panel. This is the override and turns pump on and off with a toggel breaker.

One wire is ground 12- white wire.

White is ground
Black +
Red +

You will need to test with a volt meter to see which is the constant positive and which is positive controlled by the override toggel switch.

Constant 12 Volt goes to the float switch

Override 12 goes to the just the pump.

Pump wires are generally Black Brown and Red
Black = ground
Brown = override/ switch
Red = hot always.

On the 10 meter there was also a float switch that was a high water alarm which was on top of the pump. When activated it would turn on the horn.

Do you have the electrical drawing for your 10 meter ?

Feel free to call if this is not clear or if you do not get you question answered.

Beacon Marine
609 713 4602
Bob Cushman, Owner
Beacon Marine Supply
Bob@BeaconMarineSupply.com
(609)713-4602
~ Please Contribute to the Forum ~
Coonash

Post by Coonash »

Thank you Bob, I will check it out. I have an electrician that works for me, I'll see if I can get his help.
I had found a very rough copy online of wiring detail online.
Ash
BeaconMarineBob
Beacon Bob
Beacon Bob

The only Trojan wiring diagram posted on line are a set that Harris Bowers posted of his 10 meter express wiring diagrams at his web page about the history of the Internationals.

They will not be usefull for your 10 meter unless you have the same year and model 10 meter.

Trojan wiring diagram are specific to the hull number of the boat.

One of the advantages of owning a Trojan is the available of securing original wiring diagram and specific information on any system of your 10 meter.

Your electrician will be thankful if you have a set of electrical drawings to help him. All the wires on a Trojan have a number tag on the wire which corresponds to the wiring diagrams.
Bob Cushman, Owner
Beacon Marine Supply
(609)713-4602
Coonash

Post by Coonash »

Worked perfectly, Thank you. I guess the other set of wires must got to something else. I'm glad you explained this because I was going to eliminate the red wire as it appeared to go know were. My electrician told me to get a better set of electrical drawings for our next procedure, Trying to figure out why I can start the generator, but neither button will turn it off.

Ash
BeaconMarineBob
Beacon Bob
Beacon Bob

Ash, We have the electrical drawing for your 10 meter.
$100.00 for electrical drawing or $180.00 for owners manual which comes with the electrical drawing and the original invoice.

Not sure what you mean by the fact you can turn on the Gen but can not turn it off.

If the gen is a Onan and you can provide more information
I am sure we can help you figure out the problem.

Also feel free to call us

609 713 4602

Bob
Beacon Marine
Bob Cushman, Owner
Beacon Marine Supply
(609)713-4602
El L Sea
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by El L Sea »

You should absolutely buy the owners manual. It has worked out great for our 12 Meter Sedan. Sometimes the most important things it shows it what has been changed since it left the factory. I basically rewired the dash back to factory after previous owned had chopped and spliced the thing all up.
El L Sea
Fort Myers, FL
1988 Trojan 12m International Sport Fisherman
2017 Boston Whaler 130 Tender w/ 40HP Mercury