Railings!!

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

Hotchie

Railings!!

Post by Hotchie »

1987 trojan tri-cabin 36' screws on railing post pulled out any suggestions on repairs ?
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Re: Railings!!

Post by prowlersfish »

The should be thru bolted . The right way to repair it is to replace the screws and the nuts and washers on the back side . Make sure you use a sealant like 3m 4000
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
P-Dogg
Active User
Location: Near Baltimorgue, Murderland, where they prove every day that gun control doesn't work.

Post by P-Dogg »

Prowlersfish was in a hurry and forgot to add the part about, for each of the three stanchion bolts, drilling the largest hole that is still shadowed by the stanchion footing, filling it with epoxy, then drilling new 1/4+ " holes into the epoxy, thus shielding the core from water ingress. Be sure to chamfer the 1/4+" hole in the epoxy generously, thus making a void guranteed to allow complete sealing of the thru bolt with sealant.

I like six 10, or the Jamestown distributors cheaper alternative for filling holes. All of my weatherdeck hardware is so treated. Next owner: you are welcome.

If it's the one over the bathtub, lemme know and I'll share how to reach that when I'm typing on a computer.
I needed a less expensive hobby, so I bought a boat!
Hotchie

Post by Hotchie »

Sorry for the double post guys didnt see first post thanks for the info!!!