missing mystery part

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

oldboat1
Sporadic User

missing mystery part

Post by oldboat1 »

The top of the gunwales on my F26 hardtop have diverters in place to keep rainwater from running down into the cockpit — maybe one by two by six inches long, slanted to channel water overboard (effective). One is missing on my boat (might be the boatyard, or maybe me — not sure how long it was missing.) These things are mounted with adhesive, and have to be remounted now and then. I’ve assumed they were added by the PO, but not sure.

Does this ring a bell with anybody? They have the heft of marble, but probably are not. I’m thinking a piece of corian counter top or maybe ceramic tile. I have some nice mahogany and maybe some teak, but wood seems a little out of place in that location. Open to suggestions.

These diverters are white and the missing one may show up in the lake by my slip (if the water is clear) — or the guys in the boatyard may have it, and maybe stowed it somewhere on the boat.

Anybody have these on their boat?
Motors should run. People -- not so much.

1980 F26, Mercruiser 305
1979 14' Starcraft, 1957 18 hp Evinrude and '57 3hp Evinrude kicker
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Re: missing mystery part

Post by prowlersfish »

Photo ?
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
Paul
Active User

Post by Paul »

I have these on my boat and they are made of teak. They are held in place with screws and are sealed to the deck with Life-Seal. Without these the water that runs down the gunnels would end up in the cockpit. If you don't like the teak, a piece of starboard would probably do the job nicely.
Paul
"Cruise Control" 1978 F-26HT
"No Control" 2012 9' Grand RIB
oldboat1
Sporadic User

Post by oldboat1 »

Thanks for the responses. I had some good luck today -- turns out the boatyard had saved the part. I had left a phone message, and it was reinstalled when the boat was launched.

If one comes off again, I may switch to teak as described. A glue and screw method would be more secure.

Problem solved for now (but will try to post a pic).

1980 F26, Mercruiser 305
oldboat1
Sporadic User

Post by oldboat1 »

pic of the part (reinstalled -- still in place). Starboard side -- view is from the cockpit, facing forward.
thumb_0506181519_1024.jpg
thumb_0506181519_1024.jpg (108.9 KiB) Viewed 4571 times

1980 F26, Mercruiser 305