86 F36 Tricabin Toilet issue

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

Sooner Tricabin

86 F36 Tricabin Toilet issue

Post by Sooner Tricabin »

New member to the forum. My wife and I recently purchased an F36 Tricabin 86 model. I am learning a lot from the forum. I was visiting as a guest and reading a lot of great posts. Recently a guest in our forward head slipped and hit the toilet in there. The toilet in question is a Mansfield 911-M28 with the 9 gallon holding tank underneath the toilet itself. When our guest hit the toilet it came loose from the holding tank. It looks like the bolts were very corroded and a couple of them sheared off in the process. I have bought a replacement hardware kit and seal. My 1st question is are there any tricks to replacing the bolts? The hardware that I purchased are t bolts that just come up from the holding tank. How do I get them to stay in place to bolt the toilet to the tank? One thing I did see was to place a nut on the bolt then slip the seal over the nut and place the toilet on top of the seal. I thought that might work. Any thoughts?

Second question. My two head holding tanks empty into the main holding tank. With this toilet being off of it's holding tank would this effect the second toilet from emptying into the main holding tank? Shortly after this happened we have had issues with the aft head emptying into the main holding tank. I am not sure if my system is normal but our small holding tanks under the toilets have to be emptied into the main tank via a pump I have to switch on. Thanks for any and all help. I am loving getting some great information here on this great boat.
P-Dogg
Active User
Location: Near Baltimorgue, Murderland, where they prove every day that gun control doesn't work.

Re: 86 F36 Tricabin Toilet issue

Post by P-Dogg »

I had a y valve that split the intake of a trash pump between the two heads. If one head is out of order, second should not be affected if y valve is set to "good" head. This is a "G" rated forum, so I'll just leave it at that....

That said, I could not ditch the Mansfield soon enough. Conservation of matter and energy is assured, so when goods go down into holding tank below toilet, something comes up due to the displaced volume. I went vacuflush, and never looked or smelled back.
I needed a less expensive hobby, so I bought a boat!
Sooner Tricabin

Post by Sooner Tricabin »

Thanks for the help. I was able to get my toilet repaired this weekend and all is right again with the forward head at least. I still have some work to do on the aft though. I am afraid I have a clog between my head holding tank and my main holding tank. Going to do some more investigation and I will try to get some pics up of the boat soon. Thanks again for the help.
P-Dogg
Active User
Location: Near Baltimorgue, Murderland, where they prove every day that gun control doesn't work.

Post by P-Dogg »

My new install uses clear PVC pipe. Makes troubleshooting a breeze if it is ever needed. For now, it is just satisfying to watch.
I needed a less expensive hobby, so I bought a boat!
larryeddington
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by larryeddington »

+++ on the PVC, I re-plumbed all of mine on the F36 but I used schedule 40 PVC. Clear would be good. I also have separate macerator pumps for both heads that pump to holding tank. That gives 9 gallons in each head plus 40 in holding tank. I also made activated charcoal vent filters for both heads and two separate filters for holding tank. This allows the holding vents to go to both port and starboard sides. In other words any exhaust will always go to the side with lowest ambient air pressure. Voila no stink.
Larry Eddington
1984 F-36 Tri Cabin "The Phoenix II"
1978 F-28 "The Phoenix"
Fish Master 2350 Bay Boat
9.5' Dink