Cleaning fabric covering hull in V berth

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

AndyF32
Sporadic User

Cleaning fabric covering hull in V berth

Post by AndyF32 »

Any suggestions on how to clean the fabric covering the hull? It needs some cleaning and I am afraid I will stain it of change the look by cleaning it.
P-Dogg
Active User
Location: Near Baltimorgue, Murderland, where they prove every day that gun control doesn't work.

Re: Cleaning fabric covering hull in V berth

Post by P-Dogg »

Hot water
Woolite
soft bristled brush.
Clean water in a spray bottle.
Wet dry vac.

Dip brush in solution of woolite. Scrub gently with the nap, if any. Vacuum immediately. Spray with water and vacuum immediately. Spray with water again. Rub the fabric with your fingertips to tease out soap bubbles. Vacuum, spray water, rub, and vacuum until soap bubbles are gone. Move to next area. Every third or fourth area crack a beer.

Avoid applying so much liquid that the fabric becomes saturated through and through. Be sure to vacuum dry thoroughly regardless. Leave a fan running in the cabin after you are done.

Rental drapery cleaner unit would prolly work, but I had good results doing above.
I needed a less expensive hobby, so I bought a boat!