PDF to Word ==> Interesting Website

Use this forum to comment on subjects **not** related to Trojan boats or boating. We provide this area as an outlet for general comments and issues of the day.

Note: Our intent is to make this area un-moderated or more accurately -- self moderated. We will, however, implement sanctions for troublesome posters as required (contact the Moderator with questions or complaints -- moderator@trojanboats.net).

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

BeaconMarineDon
Beacon Don
Beacon Don

PDF to Word ==> Interesting Website

Post by BeaconMarineDon »

Occasionally I'm in the position where I need to extract the text or content from a PDF document. But, I'm not in that position often enough to warrant the purchase of software dedicated to that purpose (Adobe or otherwise). Lots of sites boast of having this capability but most seem shady and very few deliver. All that being said, I stumbled across a site www.onlineocr.net that has worked well for me and may be of use to you.

You just upload the PDF or image to the site and it uses Optical Character Recognition software to extract the text. It's saved me a great deal of time and effort. If you have this need -- take a look at this site PDF to Word. It's free to try and may save you time and aggravation...

Thanks
Don -- Beacon Marine Supply
Don@TrojanBoats.net
~ Please Contribute to the Forum ~