Heavy Duty Cleats

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

jbrem003

Heavy Duty Cleats

Post by jbrem003 »

Cleat Question! (Venting/story below.)

Looking to replace the single bolt per post 10” heavy duty stainless cleats that came with my 36’ Trojan Tri-Cabin. All I can find online is the 4 bolt “open faced foot” cleats.

Storytime!

So some marine service guy that my dockmaster recommended said he’d come “take a look” at my decking hardware issues for my 36 Tri-cabin.

3 weeks later, barely heard from the guy, and he’s taken a cleat from my boat while I try and ask him what he found/how much it’s going to be to repair a single cleat.

Jerk quotes me $900 and I say to return the cleat please and I’ll do it myself.

Turns out the idiot sawed the foot of my cleat clean off in order to get it free from the boat (rather than sawing the bolt....) and did so ALL without telling me or giving me a quote/diagnosis!

Now I’m livid and trying to fix a boat (getting battered by Hudson River ferry traffic) and down my main cleat.

Who the eff saws cleats in half rather than the bolts!!!
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Re: Heavy Duty Cleats

Post by prowlersfish »

Beacon Marine has them . Contact Bob
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
comodave
Moderate User

Re: Heavy Duty Cleats

Post by comodave »

If they are similar to the cleats on an F32, they are tapped cleats. You can goggle them.
Trojan has been sold
1987 President 41 DC 225 Lehmans
Au Gres, Michigan