F32 shower pump

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

fpawn

F32 shower pump

Post by fpawn »

Shower pump turns on but does not pump. Cleaned filter in line and still does not pump water. Where is the location of the pump???? Replace or is it easy to fix???
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Re: F32 shower pump

Post by prowlersfish »

Not sure on the F32 , but you say it turns on so try listening for its whereabouts .
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
kallen
Sporadic User

Post by kallen »

On my 81 F-32 my shower pump is under the galley sink. It is easily accessed by removing the fridge. Had to replace the pump even though could hear it running. Was not worth rebuilding.
mikeandanne
Moderate User

Post by mikeandanne »

+1 ...for under the galley sink....one other could be that small access panel under the galley floor, if you have it.
dab62

Post by dab62 »

I am also having a similar problem on my 87 f32. The pump is mounted under the range on the right side wall. I took the pump out and disassembled, cleaned it out, and put it back together. I also had to lengthen the wires because their was so little to work with. Very frustrating in a small space. Grrrr! I have some type of blockage on th inlet side. Next week I will have to remove the floor in the cabinet to gain better access to the hose to clear the blockage. Make sure you do your yoga stretches first! There’s no darn room to work under there! I’m a power boater, but was cursing like a sailer!😠 Good luck.
1987 F32
All Wrapt Up
Kent Narrows,Md.
captainmaniac
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by captainmaniac »

Not sure if you are saying nothing comes out the thru-hull when the pump runs, or that the pump is not running, or that the floor pan doesn't drain, or what combination of the above...

Been a very long time but in mine I believe I found a strainer in the hose between the shower pan and the pump (and the pump was located under the galley sink, near the thru-hull). Your strainer could be clogged (if the pan is not draining), or broken (if the pan drains but not overboard). The strainer was under the floor in the salon area, but not in the visible area between the stringers. I think I had to pull up the next section of flooring towards the head / galley to get to it.

Because of the elevation of the pump relative to the floor pan (and even lower hoses / strainer), I found that even when running the pump (at least my old original one) can be challenged to produce enough vacuum to pull the water up hill so it doesn't self prime very well. Found if I used something (old beer cozy worked) to help push / pump / force water into the drain I could help push enough through for the pump to prime, then it would evacuate the floor pan.
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

I put a whale pump on mine It really sucks , But in this case its great never need to prime . Its not a steady flow , whoosh whoosh once a second .
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
WayWeGo
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by WayWeGo »

When my current Rule pump dies, I am going to put in a sump with the same Whale pump prowlersfish has. Not only will it work better for the shower, but I will also plumb the AC drains into it instead of the bilge. Win-win!
1975 F-36 Convertible
Twin Chrysler 440's
fpawn

Post by fpawn »

I cleaned the filter which is under floor in the galley. Pump runs but not pumping water. Will check next trip to see if hoses are clean.