Our '70 36.6 Sea Voyager

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

JRB3

Our '70 36.6 Sea Voyager

Post by JRB3 »

We recently purchased a 1970 36.6 Trojan 'Sea Voyager' from a retired corp. pilot who was going through many personal issues. The boat sits right next to my Fathers 1968 33' Cruise Along, and I fell in love with her the first time I saw her ( About 6 years ago). Did I forget to mention we're into wooden boats! Anywho, before we had her hauled I counted about 8 soft spots here and there (None in the hull). He left shrink wrap torn at that; on her for 5 years! So you can only imagine the horrors of wood damage we're finding and dealing with every visit. Some are as follows: Rub-rails rotted, Spray-rails (Under rub-rail) rotted, Large rot damage in bow plywood hull covers Both sides, Foot -Board above transom has to be cut out. Did I mention he took all molding and weather stripping, rain drips off! He put new window sliders (PVC) in but did'nt silicone She leaked like a pig last week. My questions are many and varied, however I would like to ask does any member have advice on these issues or a way I can get factory specs or prints ?

Thanks for any help and suggestions.

I was raised around big wooden boats and I love them I've sanded drilled filled glassed painted and you name it! But I hope I don't ever have to buy a chain saw!