identity confusion

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

WayWeGo
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Re: identity confusion

Post by WayWeGo »

I just tell marinas that it is a Trojan F-36 and let them decide. So far, I have never been charged for more than 36 feet, but have gotten comments that it is a bit bigger than expected.

Our boat tapes out at 39' 8" with bow pulpit and swim platform.
1975 F-36 Convertible
Twin Chrysler 440's
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

topseaturvy wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:55 pm That's really quite puzzling if that decal was added later. I mean what would be the intent? As you can make out if you look closely at the last two pictures. The windows are tinted very dark. Then there is a black band about 4 inches high which appears to be your typical adhesive vinyl. Then a space above that wide band about maybe 1/2" and then another strip above that which is about 1/4" wide also in black vinyl. These 2 vinyl bands go along the bottom of all the windows, lincluding the front ones as well. As I look close at the decal, I'm realizing that the grey shading is actually the only part that makes up the lettering and it's laid on top of the black.

Ok , Per Bob , and John Leeds ( A Trojan engineer ) A some research of my own they did not com on that boat or any Trojan built boat . They are likely a carver built Trojan decal that someone put on . Carver bought the name in 1992 . The numbers and photos all say you have a 11 meter sedan .
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
RWS
Ultimate User

Post by RWS »

sounds like y'all solved the mystery

here's the proof:

https://www.boats.com/boats-for-sale/?m ... 00-express

RWS
1983 10 Meter SOLD after 21 years of adventures
Yanmar diesels
Solid Glass Hull
Woodless Stringers
Full Hull Liner
Survived Andrew Cat 5,Eye of Charley Cat 4, & Irma Cat 2
Trojan International Website: http://trojanboat.com/

WEBSITE & SITELOCK TOTALLY SELF FUNDED
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

topseaturvy wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:59 pm The numbers on that tag are 731-5017. After about 30 minutes of scratching my head trying to figure out how I would let you see a picture I took of that decal, I've given up. I don't think there are enough years left in my life to jump through all the hoops for that on here. Anywhere else on the internet it's such a simple process of clicking on that paper clip icon and in seconds the process is complete. The letter font style is a square black letter with rounded corners and the grey shading is to the right. All upper case letters and the J doesn't have a horizontal line across the top. Similar to the font style used here. It definitely looks like it was done at the factory.

Try posting photos now I think it will work better for you now
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
Sjunewick2

Post by Sjunewick2 »

Nice boat! I have an 11 meter Sedan also.