F-32 Cruisair removal

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

Fun sized

F-32 Cruisair removal

Post by Fun sized »

Hi All,

I'm getting ready to tackle my next big project. Removing the old Cruisair ac system and in stalling new Marine air heat pumps. I'm not a fan of leaving old things in the boat so I plan to gut the entire system out.. I have a few queshtions..and would love any advise nyou can offer on this task..

1. Should I get the system vacuumed down before removing the slaves? Or can I simply close the valves at the compressor and disassemble?
2. Will the compressor fit thru the small hatch or am I pulling out the entire floor?
3. Is the old unit worth anything? or is it scrap?

Thanks in advance for any insite. Can't wait to get this project started!
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Re: F-32 Cruisair removal

Post by prowlersfish »

You should get the R22 removed by someone with a recovery system . You can close the valves and leave some in the compressor unit . As far as what they are worth that depends on their condition . If the system works then they have some value . Your replacing so I assume the system(s) have some issues .
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
Fun sized

Re: F-32 Cruisair removal

Post by Fun sized »

I'll have the system drained. I didn't know if there was valves at the slaves or not.. leaving only the lines to be concerned about..

As for the condition the system works great no issues. The reason for replacement is I'm located in the PNW. Around here we use ac for 3 months and heat for 9 months. Hence the heat pumps ac and heat!