Hoist position for Tri-cabin

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

Bob Giaier
Sporadic User

Hoist position for Tri-cabin

Post by Bob Giaier »

We've had our 73 Tri-cabin since 2010 and every fall I have it hoisted out for winter storage. It's always a concern as to where to place the rear hoist straps. The hoist straps crush on the splash boards, so years ago I made some angular wood pieces covered with carpet to stand the hoist straps away from the splash boards which seemed to help with that. The last few seasons I positioned the rear hoist straps at the bulkhead forward of the engines that forms the wall to the rear head. That seems like the correct place but the hoist strap ends up going over the keel, which to me adds undue stress against this keel with the hoist straps. On a tricabin the keel ends a foot or so rearward of this bulkhead and it's just a flat bottom hull to the stern. If I go back there with the hoist straps I end up on the prop shafts.

I'm settling on the bulkhead forward of the engines and across the keel, but I guess I'm asking if anyone knows where Trojan recommended where the hoist points should be, so I can mark them with big black vinyl arrows.
P-Dogg
Active User
Location: Near Baltimorgue, Murderland, where they prove every day that gun control doesn't work.

Re: Hoist position for Tri-cabin

Post by P-Dogg »

Ill look when i get to the boat. I leave mine in the water because that is what Trojan recommends for my '85.
I needed a less expensive hobby, so I bought a boat!