Chrysler Engine ID Verification

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

BradZ
Sporadic User

Chrysler Engine ID Verification

Post by BradZ »

I was under the impression that I had Chrysler 318 Engines. But I was getting pictures of the ID tags on the engine for my insurance agent and this is what they looked like. You may have to zoom in but the numbers are as follows:
M360BWR15 912 & M360BWL15 912.

Does this mean I actually have Chrysler 360s?

The PO did tell me the engines were not the original ones and that they were rebuilt some years back. He did not have receipts so I took it as a sales pitch at the time. He bought the boat 6 years ago from the first PO who bought it new. The first PO was a close family friend and was docked next to the boat when I bought it and verified the story. Everyone in the marina told me the same story also. The story goes that the boat was bought at the same marina were I bought it privately and has never been anywhere else and the PO has been super helpful even now three months later. The engines run super good from idle up to 3200 rpm is as high as I pushed them on the one and only outing I was able to squeeze in before haul out.
Attachments
IMG_4648.JPG
IMG_4648.JPG (84.71 KiB) Viewed 2638 times
file-2.jpeg
file-2.jpeg (93.59 KiB) Viewed 2638 times
1976 Trojan F-32 Sedan Home Port is Catawba Island live in Wadsworth Ohio
mikeandanne
Moderate User

Re: Chrysler Engine ID Verification

Post by mikeandanne »

Yup, so long as the engines match the tags. Have a look at the side of the block below the heads, there should be a casting number , middle set should say the engine size.

Mike
BradZ
Sporadic User

Re: Chrysler Engine ID Verification

Post by BradZ »

Thanks Mike I'll take a look this weekend when I'm working on the boat...
1976 Trojan F-32 Sedan Home Port is Catawba Island live in Wadsworth Ohio