Vacu-flush system replacement??

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

RWS
Ultimate User

Re: Vacu-flush system replacement??

Post by RWS »

motor homes are tall enough to allow the design to do a gravity feed …

STRAIGHT DOWN

gravity feed would not work HORIZONTALLY.

The bowl filling with water with the handle UP is CORRECT.

Suggest you start by troubleshooting the CAUSE of the breaker tripping.

Could be something as simple as INCORRECT TOILET TISSUE blockage.

The idea of a gravity feed in this application WILL NOT WORK - NO WAY - NO HOW

You can fix your problem CORRECTLY for less than the cost of a tank of fuel.

RWS
1983 10 Meter SOLD after 21 years of adventures
Yanmar diesels
Solid Glass Hull
Woodless Stringers
Full Hull Liner
Survived Andrew Cat 5,Eye of Charley Cat 4, & Irma Cat 2
Trojan International Website: http://trojanboat.com/

WEBSITE & SITELOCK TOTALLY SELF FUNDED
fighterpilot
Sporadic User

Post by fighterpilot »

A tank of fuel will be 300 gal. or about 690.00. If it is something simple maybe can be done. But first I have to find a repair person to trouble shoot it. I would spend 690 dollars to do it, but doubt that will be enough. Also not all my motor homes were straight down, and on the Californian it wasn't straight down either, but understand the point you are trying to make. I believe I can put the toilet at the aft port side of the shower area and only be off set about about a foot and a half. Not straight down but only off set maybe 30 degrees at the most. But will try to do some more trouble shooting. Since there is still water right below the trap door on the toilet there is some blockage. But when i put water in the bowl, maybe up 4 inches, it is gone the next day. So it leaks down somehow, but still see water an inch or two below the trap door. ??????
RWS
Ultimate User

Post by RWS »

UNCLE
1983 10 Meter SOLD after 21 years of adventures
Yanmar diesels
Solid Glass Hull
Woodless Stringers
Full Hull Liner
Survived Andrew Cat 5,Eye of Charley Cat 4, & Irma Cat 2
Trojan International Website: http://trojanboat.com/

WEBSITE & SITELOCK TOTALLY SELF FUNDED
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

I think what your seeing could be gravity at work . Since goes down to a that level and stops . How well will a gravity feed work in rough seas ? What about when you sell it ? If this was my boat I would fix it right (fix the Vacuflush ) But if you really don't care about the head , there is always a good old porta potty or a 5 gal bucket ( uck ) .
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
fighterpilot
Sporadic User

Post by fighterpilot »

prowlersfish wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am I think what your seeing could be gravity at work . Since goes down to a that level and stops . How well will a gravity feed work in rough seas ? What about when you sell it ? If this was my boat I would fix it right (fix the Vacuflush ) But if you really don't care about the head , there is always a good old porta potty or a 5 gal bucket ( uck ) .
Valid points. Resale is a consideration. As far as rough seas, if more than 2 feet we don't go, however with this boat we might try it with 3 feet. Will know after we experience 2 feet. If I could get it fixed, labor and all for $500 to $600 I would give it a try. I can see if pump getting power and being locked up causing the switch to pop off. If toilet paper got duck bills blocked or such, would that prohibit the pump from even turning on?? Wouldn't the pump come on just not pump a vacuum in the system??

We will take a porta potty for emergency use until we sort out the system and make decision as to course of action.
Captrkl

Post by Captrkl »

Vac- flush... rebuilt my system on ten meter!!!
No manuals... fairly simple!
Cost @ 200. Bucks