Air conditioning

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

djmair

Air conditioning

Post by djmair »

I have a 1985 Trojan 10 meter fly bridge. This summer I had to have some work done on the air conditioning. I was able to do the work and recharge the salon unit however the vbirth unit is giving me trouble. I can remove the grill but when I try to get back to the unit I can’t get the main panel past the wooden lip on the counter. I have looked at this from all areas and it seems there must be a way to remove the wooden detail lip.

There is a metal accent strip in the middle of the wood lip and I am guessing this may have to be removed to get at some screws however I am reluctant to take this off as it may not go back on or get damaged.

Anyone have this problem?

Don
Thanks for the info
El L Sea
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Re: Air conditioning

Post by El L Sea »

On the 12 meter it is accessed through the closet in the Master. Not sure of the 10m layout.
El L Sea
Fort Myers, FL
1988 Trojan 12m International Sport Fisherman
2017 Boston Whaler 130 Tender w/ 40HP Mercury
djmair

Post by djmair »

Tks for the response. My closet is on the port side the ac is starboard on top of a small set of drawers. There must be an easy way to charge the front ac unit as removing the panel seems like it is going to be a lot of work.
Thanks for the info
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

Are sure that's not just the air handler (evaporator) and the compressor is not else where ? Not sure how yours is set up .
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D