Safety Railing/lines

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

Medic4U

Safety Railing/lines

Post by Medic4U »

Looking for input here. Long time boater, new Trojan 36' Tri-Cabin owner. She has what I am told is a Canadian designed/common life line/rail set up. From the cockpit, all the way to the beginning of what would be the start of the bow sprit railing, instead of chrome rails at the top of stantions, and half way up the stantions, are life lines like you would see on a sail boat; white covered cable. I'm not a fan of the look (yet), but more importantly I want to add a wood bow sprit for an anchor, and get it off my fore deck, and eventually add a windlass. Any suggestions? I was thinking I could possibly leave the lower cable in place, and just top the stantions with the railing. We'll see once she's uncovered and in the water. But certainly would like to see what other have to say. Thanks.
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Re: Safety Railing/lines

Post by Moderator »

I moved this to the boating section , more folks will see it . Photos would help btw.

Helping keep Trojan Yachts alive .
Forum Moderator
TrojanBoats.Net
Trojan Boater
P-Dogg
Active User
Location: Near Baltimorgue, Murderland, where they prove every day that gun control doesn't work.

Re: Safety Railing/lines

Post by P-Dogg »

I have an '85. "Railing" was tubing on the top for front and back third, with that white cable everywhere else.

I put hard pipe on the top from stem to stern, and replaced the vintage cable with fresh. Ill update more when im not 5 hrs from my wake-up time, and when i have a proper keyboard. Hint: there is more to this project than meets the eye.....

That said, it is doable. Where are you based?
I needed a less expensive hobby, so I bought a boat!