f36 flybridge removal

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

john36mc

f36 flybridge removal

Post by john36mc »

my first post here hope to make more. looking at buying a 77 F36 I need to move it over the road has anyone removed a flybridge to haul with a semi?
Thanks
10meterman

Re: f36 flybridge removal

Post by 10meterman »

I have a 10meter international midcabin , they used a low boy trailer when the semi brought her down from Jersey ,,
but I know people that have had them removed and reinstalled after the boat arrived. It's a height issue
john36mc

Post by john36mc »

Yes I just want to know how long it took to remove the rails,bridge,wires steering ? Any tips like are the wires on a plug? Just anyone that has removed one would be great thanks
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by Moderator »

I have not removed one , but have read on here where others have . All the wires are numbered and screw connectors at the junction blocks . The helm pump can be unbolted and laid down . I would guess at least half a day for 2 people , but that's just a guess . Their are posts on here on doing this . May take some searching to find it .

Helping keep Trojan Yachts alive .
Forum Moderator
TrojanBoats.Net
Trojan Boater
bob w

Post by bob w »

I am in the same situation
Need to move an F-36 about 700 miles and per the hauler, the bridge and props need to come off
for the trip.
Anyone have blueprints or know the vertical distance from bottom of keel to the deck of the flybridge?

Thanks
BeaconMarineBob
Beacon Bob
Beacon Bob

Post by BeaconMarineBob »

The F-36 Model 460 and 461 you will need to remove the flybridge and place it on the bow of the boat.

We should have the instructions that were given to install the Flybridge after it was transported from the factory. It could be used in reverse to remove.

You will also need the electrical drawings. Which should be in your Owners Manual. If you do not have the Owners Manual we can make one for you from your Hull number.

Give us a call and we can help you get started with the right documents.

Note ( Cradle Measurments) The cradle was about 6” to 8” off the ground and was always with the Flybridge removed.

Bob Cushman
Beacon Marine Supply
609 713 4692
Attachments
CF73AD7C-E657-41F6-A29D-6453D2D4349B.jpeg
CF73AD7C-E657-41F6-A29D-6453D2D4349B.jpeg (136.91 KiB) Viewed 5331 times
Bob Cushman, Owner
Beacon Marine Supply
Bob@BeaconMarineSupply.com
(609)713-4602
~ Please Contribute to the Forum ~
bob w

Post by bob w »

Thanks Bob,

Great info..
I will peruse the manuals for the electrical and R&R instructions and contact you if there is anything that I can't locate.

Appreciate the great support!

bw