Trailer bunk size - 1974 Sea Raider 25'

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

Michelle

Trailer bunk size - 1974 Sea Raider 25'

Post by Michelle »

Hi,
I just purchased a 1974 Trojan Sea Raider 25'. I'm in the process of buying a used trailer. Can anyone offer suggestions on how wide the bunks need to be on a bunk style trailer? Or any other info on trailering. The trailer will just be used to haul in and out of lake about 2 miles.
Thanks in advance,
Michelle
sixbennetts

Post by sixbennetts »

Hi Michelle,

Sorry it took so long to reply. Measure in from the sides of your boat to get the distance in from the side to the stringers, and try to adjust the bunks so they are under the stringers, therefore supporting the engine.

Length should be as long as you can get from the trailing edge of the transom to as far forward until the curve moves away from the bunk.

Width of the bunk itself will probably be dictated by how wide the brackets are that will hold it, but wider is always better, and make sure it's carpeted with trailer bunk carpet.

Doesn't hurt to have a couple extra bunks on each side of the keel, both forward and aft as well.

Hope I helped.

Donny

http://www.picturetrail.com/sixbennetts