F36 Fuel Sender Access Panels

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

JimmyDutch

F36 Fuel Sender Access Panels

Post by JimmyDutch »

Hello,
I have a F36 with four gas tanks. Does anyone have photos, or can they describe where to cut panels to access the senders? I think I've got the rear tanks figured out, certainly not the forward tanks... Thanks, Jim.
1985 Trojan F36 Convertible 460
Twin 350 Crusaders
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Re: F36 Fuel Sender Access Panels

Post by prowlersfish »

I cut a hole to get mine out ( covered it later ) Per some posts you maybe able to remove a panel . Anyway below is what I did with photos . and I still recommend wema senders .

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8284&hilit=wema

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8284&hilit=wema&start=15
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
JimmyDutch

Post by JimmyDutch »

Once again, thank you Prowlersfish!
Twin 350 Crusaders
JimmyDutch

Post by JimmyDutch »

Hey Prowlersfish, The circular hole you made appears to be on the port side, do you think if I made a hole on the starboard side, inside the cabinet in the same spot you did on the port side, I would find the sender? Did they appear to mirror each other? Thanks, Jim.
Twin 350 Crusaders
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

I did both sides But I found the senders before cutting a hole you should be able to find the area with the floor panel between engine hatch and cabinet removed . My tanks are not oem so location may been off some
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
JimmyDutch

Post by JimmyDutch »

Thanks Prowlersfish,
I also read the rest of the original thread that your pictures were in and it makes a lot of sense to me now. Thanks for taking the time, Jim.
Twin 350 Crusaders
captainmaniac
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by captainmaniac »

Don't want to hijack in any way... but need to do a +100 on WEMA!

Short story (hopefully), and Moderator can move it to a new thread or leave it here as he desires based on whether on or off topic..

Years ago (close to 20) just after I bought my F32, I needed to replace level sender for the fresh water tank. Determined that a WEMA sender would be compatible with my existing gauge, so ordered it through a somewhat local dealer. Waited weeks. Waited months. After about 6 months got fed up. Dealer kept saying delay was Distributor's fault, Distributor kept saying it was WEMA's fault.

Got PO'd enough to call WEMA directly, explained my problem to receptionist (ordered your product months ago and can't get it, but don't know who is lying to me about why), and asked to talk to someone who could help fix the problem. She transferred me to someone.

Turns out he was owner of the company. Took the call from his cell on a golf course. Asked what it was I was trying to order, my name / address / contact info, and said he would look into it when he got back to the office. 2-3 days later a courier dropped a package off at my door -- containing the sender I had been waiting for, for months. To be honest, can't remember if I even paid for it or if it was just sent free of charge!!!

WEMA rocks.

This winter I changed the head on the boat from original recirculating model to a new macerating unit. Decided I needed a tank level sensor to know when near full and time for pumpout (previously I could keep track of how full the tank was based on how many times I had transferred contents of the recirculating head to the holding tank). Ordered in a WEMA sensor / gauge for 'my guy' to install with the head.

Again, WEMA rocks!
JimmyDutch

Post by JimmyDutch »

Wow! Good to hear. Thanks.
Twin 350 Crusaders