Bimini Top

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

BradZ
Sporadic User

Bimini Top

Post by BradZ »

So I have an old Bimini top with frame off of my 1976 F-32. The frame had some kind of coating over the tubing that is falling of and just gone in some places, leaving a rusty tube showing. The frame is plenty strong but I want to make it look new again. The coating that is falling off seems to be at least 1/16" thick. Any ideas how I could refurb the frame? Are there some kind of tubing covers that I can use to just cover up the ugly frame? Also I took a picture of the label on my existing top. Are they still in business? The phone number doesn't seem to work.
Attachments
file2 (1).jpeg
file2 (1).jpeg (116.43 KiB) Viewed 2179 times
1976 Trojan F-32 Sedan Home Port is Catawba Island live in Wadsworth Ohio
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Re: Bimini Top

Post by prowlersfish »

Sounds like its plastic coated steel , not a great idea on a boat . Photo would help id it . The best thing to do is get SS tubing and bend it to match ( or have it done ) you could try to treat it and paint it , but it sounds like its the wrong stuff to begin with.
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
BradZ
Sporadic User

Re: Bimini Top

Post by BradZ »

I wanna say its original. But I think your right Prowlerfish. Time to get a tubing bender.. lol more tools lol
1976 Trojan F-32 Sedan Home Port is Catawba Island live in Wadsworth Ohio