1990 10-Meter Express

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

Steve_S

1990 10-Meter Express

Post by Steve_S »

Hi all. I just purchased a 1990 10-Meter International Express.

While the previous owner used a boatyard that kept all the mechanical stuff in good shape, he wasn't so careful with the cosmetic stuff. The cabin is especially bad...years of spilled drinks, lots of cigarette smoke and little to no cleaning.

So, I have some work ahead of me and was hoping someone out there has tackled some of the things that I need to do and can share some advice. I guess I'm pretty handy, and own lots of tools, but I'm far from an expert at this kind of thing.

Here are just a couple of my questions:

* The carpet in the cabin was a disaster, so I pulled it out. I'm thinking of putting a wood floor down instead of new carpet. Maybe 1/4" teak plywood?? Anybody have suggestions?

* Most of the cabin walls are covered with what I think is wallpaper. I'm sure whatever it is, it's original. Anybody know what this is, how to clean it (my various attempts have failed), or have any experience with removing it and replacing it with something else?

It may take a while, but I hope to make this eyesore beautiful again. Would love to chat with anybody who has experience doing the same thing.

Reply to this post or feel free to e-mail me at daxsteve@aol.com

Thanks!