VDO gauge

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

bluesrocker22

VDO gauge

Post by bluesrocker22 »

All,
My port Turbocharger oil pressure gauge (VDO, 0-350 psi) (at least that is what I think it is, it usually runs at 160 psig) has gone dead and I am having a hard time finding a replacement. Does anyone know of a source of NOS gauges that might have one of these?
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Re: VDO gauge

Post by prowlersfish »

bluesrocker22 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:40 pm All,
My port Turbocharger oil pressure gauge (VDO, 0-350 psi) (at least that is what I think it is, it usually runs at 160 psig) has gone dead and I am having a hard time finding a replacement. Does anyone know of a source of NOS gauges that might have one of these?
Turbo may have a boost gauge , but that would be about 30psi max . They use engine oil pressure for Lub oil . I believe what you have is a
transmission oil pressure gauge by the pressures your reporting . Check with Beacon marine , you also may check these sites

https://marine.vdo-gauges.com/instrumen ... re-32.html

https://www.vdo-instruments.com/instrum ... ssure.html

I used to deal with a place called E gauges but can't find the site
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

Any up date ?
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
bluesrocker22

Post by bluesrocker22 »

Update,
I think you are right about the gauge being a transmission oil pressure gauge. I could find nothing in my owner's manual about the gauge, so I was guessing. As a temp fix, I was able to get a VDO 400 psi gauge and put it in so that I would know I have pressure. It was about $30. I am either going to keep searching or work out a resistor scheme that will make the gauge read CLOSE to the correct value. Thank you for your valuable information. Nice to have people to bounce ideas off of.
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

Get a matching sender for the gauge , that will give you the most accurate reading .
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
bluesrocker22

Post by bluesrocker22 »

I was going to get the matching sender, but I am having trouble finding one. I also have the problem of now my port and starboard pressure gauges don't match (so I would like to go one way or the other, but I REALLY had trouble finding the old gauge).