Differance between f25 and f26

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

Scott Summitt

Differance between f25 and f26

Post by Scott Summitt »

Going to pick up my first Trojan. It clamins to be a 1977 25' hardtop with a fresh Chrysler 250 hp. What is the differance betwwen a F-25 and a F-26 are they all a "F"? What does the "express" mean? Are they all express? Is not a flybride, thats an easy one to tell. Was looking to get Chris Craft, same vintage and size did I make the right choice? Thanks in advance for the info.
willietrojan
Moderate User

Post by willietrojan »

F indicates fiberglass. The differences between the two is the cabin layout, and I believe that the 26 has a little more beam.
chucka
Sporadic User

Post by chucka »

The F26 design evolved over the years. Around 72 it had a rear facing engine with a V drive, slightly more cabin and less cockpit than in later years. By 75, the engine turned around to face forward, the cockpit grew a little and the cabin shrank.

The 26 has a 10-2 ft beam. I've seen the beam listed from 8' to 9'-4" ft in ads for 25s
Good Luck!
formerly
Lots A Luck
Trojan F-26 Express
Narragansett Bay, RI
Scott Summitt

Post by Scott Summitt »

Thanks for the info.