Back in a Trojan

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

drudodson

Back in a Trojan

Post by drudodson »

I've spent the quarantine buying a boat - a 1973 F-25 Express. I was a shared owner in an 80's 11m International for several years, until recently. We enjoyed that boat, but it was really too much boat - for me - for Lake Ouachita here in Arkansas. Looks like I'm the third or fourth owner of this F-25, and it's spent almost its entire life here in Hot Springs on Lake Ouachita. She's just the right size for our waters. She's almost in original condition, with 70's green formica, original curtains, even a cushion with original green plaid like in the ad below. 318 Chrysler is fun as my college car was a Dodge Challenger with the 318. All systems well cared for and all maintenance documented. Last owner added a nice MarineAir unit. She needs cosmetic attention, but had her out yesterday for a sea trial and plunked down a deposit. Here's a couple of 70's ads I found online:

F25 Print Ad.jpg
F25 Print Ad.jpg (68.53 KiB) Viewed 1444 times
f25 Ad.jpg
f25 Ad.jpg (65.44 KiB) Viewed 1444 times
Lake Ouachita, Hot Springs National Park, Arkansas
F-251 Hardtop 1973 with LM 318 Chrysler (reminds me of my '71 Challenger!)

"We are all in the same boat in a stormy sea, and we owe each other a terrible loyalty." G. K. Chesterton
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Re: Back in a Trojan

Post by prowlersfish »

Congrats on the boat
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D