fuel tank float

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

dgielow

fuel tank float

Post by dgielow »

Has anyone worked on or replaced the fuel float in a 12 meter international with a 400 gal tank?
fourreins
Moderate User

Re: fuel tank float

Post by fourreins »

I have 10.8 international and changed my float several years ago. The original one lost its buoyancy over the years. I was told originally they coated a cork with a shellac the broke down. They use different materials today to prevent this from happening.
El L Sea
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by El L Sea »

dgielow wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 8:07 pm Has anyone worked on or replaced the fuel float in a 12 meter international with a 400 gal tank?
Following... Ours has started doing this weird bounce thing when between 3/4 and full. Hard to top off without spillage.
El L Sea
Fort Myers, FL
1988 Trojan 12m International Sport Fisherman
2017 Boston Whaler 130 Tender w/ 40HP Mercury
fourreins
Moderate User

Post by fourreins »

It’s an easy fix... couple screws on the top of the tank and it comes right out. Replace with new unit. Fixed mine right up!
dgielow

Post by dgielow »

I do have a access point at the rear of the deck, looks like a 2 or 3 inch hole for it there are 2 wires coming out. My boat is Diesel not gas if that makes a difference
fourreins
Moderate User

Post by fourreins »

Not sure about the gas vs diesel. The two wires are just the feed for the gauge