replacing tub faucet on 1981 tri-cabin

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

jhdean

replacing tub faucet on 1981 tri-cabin

Post by jhdean »

Does anyone have any experience with replacing the tub faucet in the aft cabin head on an 1981 Tri-Cabin. There doesn't seem to be any access to the area behind the built in tub/shower shell and I'm trying to figure out how to install a new shower faucet & fixture to replace the original tub faucet.
Slide1.JPG
Slide1.JPG (28.69 KiB) Viewed 2959 times
P-Dogg
Active User
Location: Near Baltimorgue, Murderland, where they prove every day that gun control doesn't work.

Re: replacing tub faucet on 1981 tri-cabin

Post by P-Dogg »

On my '85, I have access behind my port engine. Plenty, actually.
I needed a less expensive hobby, so I bought a boat!
jhdean

Post by jhdean »

Thanks for the info. I was hoping the access would be higher up like from the main salon rather than the engine compartment since I'm an overweight 69 yr old guy not sure if I could crawl back in there behind the engine and make it out again. I'm also considering the possibility of cutting out a section of the fiberglass shower stall around the faucet and then mounting the new faucet on a panel covering the cutout. Any ideas on that ?
P-Dogg
Active User
Location: Near Baltimorgue, Murderland, where they prove every day that gun control doesn't work.

Post by P-Dogg »

Yes, but Bob would delete them......

Paraphrasing: Hire a skinny out of work guy for 20 minutes. Don't adulterate the boat.
I needed a less expensive hobby, so I bought a boat!