Trojan Hull Look-alike

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

oil&water
Moderate User

Trojan Hull Look-alike

Post by oil&water »

Ran across an interesting thread on THT. OP is looking to identify this hull. Info he has is the vessel is a 1982 Hydra Sport 31’. What caught my eye is the lines of the hull look very similar to a stretch F32 with the exception of the small flybridge. Anyone have an idea what this beast might actually be as the OP says Hydra Sports claims it is not their boat. Perhaps a mold of something else that was OEM’d for them?

Currently Trojan-less :?
Pieraddiction

Re: Trojan Hull Look-alike

Post by Pieraddiction »

Actually I just came on here to find out if anyone new if this was perhaps a Trojan with some mods. I was the original poster in tht and am still scratching my head. I’m going there tomorrow to check it out. Was just going to post on here to see if anyone knew what this hull may be.

Hydra sports did not flat out deny that it is not their hull, they said it is possible that another manufacturer built some of these and they were branded as hydra sports in some way. They would have been very low production boats.

I’m really scratching my head, either this thing is a gem or a dud. Should find out tomorrow.
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

Get a hull ID number while your looking . And please post back .
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

oil&water wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:40 pm Ran across an interesting thread on THT. OP is looking to identify this hull. Info he has is the vessel is a 1982 Hydra Sport 31’. What caught my eye is the lines of the hull look very similar to a stretch F32 with the exception of the small flybridge. Anyone have an idea what this beast might actually be as the OP says Hydra Sports claims it is not their boat. Perhaps a mold of something else that was OEM’d for them?

One model F32 had a smaller bridge But a stretched F32 would be longer then 31'
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
oil&water
Moderate User

Post by oil&water »

Was using “stretch” as a reference the F32 that was modified up in Alaska to a F35.

At any rate, I am just as curious as pieraddiction to determine what vessel / manufacturer that this hull originated from.
Currently Trojan-less :?