36ft Trogan tricabin

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

Lee oakley

Re: 36ft Trogan tricabin

Post by Lee oakley »

The location is right but mine are square like I said there are two sets of warning lights the two engine lights are located up in the center the ones you have marked are where the two marked as Stern are but mine are square
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

I really am thinking these have been added on . The owners manual Beacon sells will have a wiring diagram that will have every thing That Trojan installed on your boat .
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
kallen
Sporadic User

Post by kallen »

Maybe for a stern bilge pump when on or high water sensor
Lee oakley

Post by Lee oakley »

Right position for mine but mine are square and I also see there are fewer gauges and pull knobs on that also my engine warning lights are round and up in the middle of the gauges
Lee oakley

Post by Lee oakley »

I just bought a owner manual from Bob so that should have what those are!If not then they were added and I will keep going crazy until I can track it down lmao thanks guys
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

I would like to know too ! :D
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
horhay1946

Post by horhay1946 »

As a former tri-cabin owner (hurricane Michael got her) I will add my 2 cents. I have moved up to a 46 Pacemaker and I have similar lights, from what I can see, they are the water warning on the Racor water separators. One way to tell is to check behind the lights and see if they have small square boxes that have some electronics. On mine the wires going to the water separators are about 30 gauge. Also if you have Racor water separators check them and see if there are two wires attached to the bowl.
1985 Mako 258 (One Owner)
1981 Trojan Tri Cabin

George
Lee oakley

Post by Lee oakley »

Okay thanks that's interesting now I have to ask another stupid? What is the water separator? Also where are yours located lol I am waiting for my owner manual from Bob so hopefully that will straighten me out
horhay1946

Post by horhay1946 »

Water seperators are also called fuel filters. Mine were located on the forward bulkhead in the engine compartment. The are different on a gas or diesel engine however most all marine engines have them. The purpose is to separate water from the fuel like the name implies. Follow the fuel line back from the fuel pump and you should find them.
1985 Mako 258 (One Owner)
1981 Trojan Tri Cabin

George
Lee oakley

Post by Lee oakley »

As far as anything at fuel filters there's no wiring at all so not those now I will do some searching see if I am missing something lol I believe it's something to do with my v-drive personally doubt it's anything to do with Stern bilge there's only one bilge pump in the Stern
Bob Giaier
Sporadic User

Post by Bob Giaier »

I have a 73 Tricabin. I have Walters V drives and I expect you have the same. I have the same red lights that are connected to pressure switches in each Walters V drive. The lights go out when the engines go above something like 1400 RPM. I think it’s to show oil pressure in the V Drive. The Walters VDrive has a heat exchanger inside the gear case. The oil in the drive goes thru a copper tube that is in a water reservoir in the case. There are 2 thru hull fittings with hose for each drive that pass water thru the reservoir when the boat moves forward. It’s actually very cool ( literally). No pumps required. Anyways i think you have the same thing unless your engines are in the salon ( I think they did that in 78).