Engine issue

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

fourreins
Moderate User

Engine issue

Post by fourreins »

So I have an odd thing happening on my Trojan 10.8 international. Boat has 454’s. So several weeks ago I was out running the boat for a couple of hours and dropped anchor to hang out. Boats gennie was running while anchored. When I went to start starboard engine to head back in it fired right up and ran for a couple of minutes and shut down. I was able to start it a couple of times after that but it would shut down quickly. Headed back on one engine. Following week boat ran fine no issues with either engine. Today, exact same issue happens but this time on the port engine. I decided to open the gas fill to see what would happen. Boat fired right up with zero issues. Proceeded to put the fill cap back on and headed back without issue. The gas vent screen appeared to be clear .... not clogged. Any thoughts???
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Re: Engine issue

Post by prowlersfish »

Kind of odd , seems more heat related . But both engines ? Any noise when you pulled off the cap ? Do bothe engines run off the same tank ?
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
fourreins
Moderate User

Post by fourreins »

Yes, both engines run off one tank. No noises
fourreins
Moderate User

Post by fourreins »

Could this have anything to do with anti siphon valves?