10 meter Express New Dash/Console Project

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

my10meter

Re: 10 meter Express New Dash/Console Project

Post by my10meter »

Well, ran into a stumbling block. Previous owner secured the old dash with 5200 and it is stuck down. Going to see if I can. get a wire to cut it. This is why I do not recommend 5200 for anything. 4200 has excellent adhesion properties and is removable. As far as I am concerned. the entire boat needs to be serviceable and 5200 is not your friend for this
Capt Dana
85'/05' 10 Meter Express
http://www.fishgh.com

WayWeGo
2021 Gold Support
2021 Gold Support

Post by WayWeGo »

An oscillating tool might work if the access is good. There are some release agents available that might also help.
1975 F-36 Convertible
Twin Chrysler 440's

P-Dogg
Active User
Location: Near Baltimorgue, Murderland, which proves to the world every day that gun control doesn't work.

Post by P-Dogg »

my10meter wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:47 am
Well, ran into a stumbling block. Previous owner secured the old dash with 5200 and it is stuck down. Going to see if I can. get a wire to cut it. This is why I do not recommend 5200 for anything. 4200 has excellent adhesion properties and is removable. As far as I am concerned. the entire boat needs to be serviceable and 5200 is not your friend for this
Try Marine Debond.

Slice into it as you can with a blade. Apply Marine Debond. Wait. Rinse and repeat.... Should go pretty easy.

If you look at the properties of 5200 vs 4200, you will see 5200 has its place. I would not have used 5200 for the dash, but it is certainly useful for below-the-waterline applications like bonding of struts and through-hulls. Oh, and I recently re-bonded my hull-to-deck joint -- all of it -- and used 5200 there too....
I needed a less expensive hobby, so I bought a boat!