F32 V berth storage

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

Briank117

F32 V berth storage

Post by Briank117 »

Hey gang,

Curious to if any of you store any items below the V berth on an F32. I was surprised of the amount of unused space present, when I unscrewed the wood panels. Thanks

B
AwayOnBusine$$
Moderate User

Re: F32 V berth storage

Post by AwayOnBusine$$ »

My F32 1975 has 2 sets of drawers under each side.
F32 Fly 1975
captainmaniac
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by captainmaniac »

On my '79 like Away's I have a pair of drawers on each side of the aft portion of the v-berth. There is some room below them lower drawers and bit behind them but not very usable. And the plywood panels above them are screwed down.

In mine the plywood panels in the forward half of the v-berth are just fitted in place (not screwed down), so are easily removed. That space is mostly filled up with my holding tank, but there is room for a few plastic bins aft of the tank and forward of the bulkhead that separates the forward and aft halfs of the v-berth. I store spare parts (filters, site jars/bowls for AC and genny water filters, spare electrical parts (ballast resistor, ignition module, etc, wire and connectors in case repair is needed, spare engine belts, old flares in case I have an issue and get really get desperate, additional fasteners / zip ties / clamps / caulking, etc...)

Want to be careful about how much weight you put down there as that can affect running angle and ability to get on / stay on plane, as well as be safety issue if you are in a following sea.
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

captainmaniac wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:45 pm

Want to be careful about how much weight you put down there as that can affect running angle and ability to get on / stay on plane, as well as be safety issue if you are in a following sea.
^^^^^
This
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
Briank117

Post by Briank117 »

Captain maniac — Thanks for the plastic bin idea. I think that would make for an ideal spot to stash extra towels/blankets/sweatshirts/hats etc, in a rubbermade. I was planning to store inflatable toys/rafts there, once dry and rolled up/folded.

Thanks again.
kallen
Sporadic User

Post by kallen »

On my 1981 F-32 The vacuflush system was removed from the V-berth location. This opened up the whole storage area. No drawers. Used the left side for drink storage. Kept the drinks cool. Stored extra blankets and pillows in space bags in the V part. Right side was for the vacuum and attachments. Unused charts in tubes. Lots of storage left. Don't forget the bounce sheets.
Briank117

Post by Briank117 »

Kallen,

I had not thought about removing the drawers. Did you cover the old openings with a panel? I do remember how much of a pain it was removing the drawers to replace my bilge pump hose.
kallen
Sporadic User

Post by kallen »

Never had drawers just a single door large enough to fit a 24 of drinks. Usually I lifted the plywood to access the area. Used a prop to hold the plywood up.
Rickforth

Post by Rickforth »

The area up front has been a good place for my holding tank. I have a hinged cabinet down low where you step in on each side that can hold life jackets, swim fins, and such. This area can be a little bilgey and I don't think towels, clothes, cloth items would work well up there.