boat screens removel

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

tro1952

boat screens removel

Post by tro1952 »

hello, i am the new owner of a 1972 trojan 36 ft. tri-cabin.asking if anyone who owns one of these boats know how the window screens can be removed to replace some of the splines. i would think that you just raise up the screen in the window track to get it to jump the track and remove it .but the screen does not go up high enough for this to happen. i am afraid to bend the screen for fear of creasing the medal and breaking it. there seems to be no wiggle room to get the screen out. this seams so simple .thanks for any help. terry
P-Dogg
Active User
Location: Near Baltimorgue, Murderland, where they prove every day that gun control doesn't work.

Re: boat screens removel

Post by P-Dogg »

I have an '85. They are certainly in there, but you are using the method that I have used successfully. Stick a flatblade screwdriver in the track and lift the screen frame if you need to.
I needed a less expensive hobby, so I bought a boat!
tro1952

Re: boat screens removel

Post by tro1952 »

thank you i will try what you said.terry