Princess Range problem

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

AwayOnBusine$$
Moderate User

Princess Range problem

Post by AwayOnBusine$$ »

Cooking dinner, using two burners. Every one stops. Oven light still works, oven still works. I am not an electrician, know something about wood. Any ideas as to where I should start to look for cause. Or just call an expert. Range original to a 75 F32.
F32 Fly 1975
rickalan35
Moderate User

Re: Princess Range problem

Post by rickalan35 »

Trying to remember specifically, but it seems to me on my former Trojan I had to choose between the oven or the burners. Not both at the same time. There was a switch. Could you have flipped it down accidentally?

If that wasn't what you really meant, then I apologize.

You probably meant that when the top burners stopped working, you flipped the switch down and the oven came on. But when you flipped the switch back up again still nothing up top. If so, then I believe you will find there are fuses located within the stove itself. The one for the top may have blown for some reason.

Rick
Trojan 1994 370 Express, 502 Bluewaters
captainmaniac
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by captainmaniac »

rickalan35 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 10:08 pm Trying to remember specifically, but it seems to me on my former Trojan I had to choose between the oven or the burners. Not both at the same time. There was a switch. Could you have flipped it down accidentally?

You probably meant that when the top burners stopped working, you flipped the switch down and the oven came on. But when you flipped the switch back up again still nothing up top. If so, then I believe you will find there are fuses located within the stove itself. The one for the top may have blown for some reason.

Rick
+1 .... I seem to remember one switch controls whether power goes to oven or stove top, and I think if you switch it to oven, then you still get 1 or 2 burners on the stove top.

Only docs I have are generic instructions for multiple models (doesn't really describe usage of the controls), installation info, wiring diagram, and high level troubleshooting stuff. Docs also talk about a rotisserie... Nothing really model specific other than possibly wiring diagram, but from what you said that might not help you.
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

captainmaniac wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 10:58 pm
rickalan35 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 10:08 pm Trying to remember specifically, but it seems to me on my former Trojan I had to choose between the oven or the burners. Not both at the same time. There was a switch. Could you have flipped it down accidentally?

Rick
+1 .... I seem to remember one switch controls whether power goes to oven or stove top, and I think if you switch it to oven, then you still get 1 or 2 burners on the stove top.

Only docs I have are generic instructions for multiple models (doesn't really describe usage of the controls), installation info, wiring diagram, and high level troubleshooting stuff. Docs also talk about a rotisserie... Nothing really model specific other than possibly wiring diagram, but from what you said that might not help you.
Correct if the oven switch is on you can only use 1 or 2 burners. Also if the Cover over the burners is not up and fully seated the burners will not come on .
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
AwayOnBusine$$
Moderate User

Post by AwayOnBusine$$ »

All of the above is true. Mine situation was 2 burners on medium for 5 minutes. Then they just stopped.
F32 Fly 1975
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

Wiggle the cover
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
AwayOnBusine$$
Moderate User

Post by AwayOnBusine$$ »

I wiggled, I jiggled. It worked. Your my hero!
F32 Fly 1975
P-Dogg
Active User
Location: Near Baltimorgue, Murderland, where they prove every day that gun control doesn't work.

Post by P-Dogg »

Dang it Prowlersfish, I was just going to offer my Princess cooktop for sale to him!

Decided just this morning that galley update will include new cooktop, so as to be able to maximize countertop space. I'll be living aboard 5/7's of the time for as many months of the year as I can stand it starting June 1.
I needed a less expensive hobby, so I bought a boat!
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

P-Dogg wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 11:29 am Dang it Prowlersfish, I was just going to offer my Princess cooktop for sale to him!

Decided just this morning that galley update will include new cooktop, so as to be able to maximize countertop space. I'll be living aboard 5/7's of the time for as many months of the year as I can stand it starting June 1.
Well, you refused to pay my cut so ........................ 8)
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
AwayOnBusine$$
Moderate User

Post by AwayOnBusine$$ »

Live on mine May to October and Florida for the winter.
Attachments
1b.jpg
1b.jpg (129.15 KiB) Viewed 6030 times
3.jpg
3.jpg (118 KiB) Viewed 6031 times
F32 Fly 1975
rickalan35
Moderate User

Post by rickalan35 »

Heck, Prowlerfish is always my hero

Rick :D :D
Trojan 1994 370 Express, 502 Bluewaters
P-Dogg
Active User
Location: Near Baltimorgue, Murderland, where they prove every day that gun control doesn't work.

Post by P-Dogg »

AwayOnBusine$$ wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 6:42 pm Live on mine May to October and Florida for the winter.
I did 4 months when covid hit. I'm (still) sheltering a young music major who can't live at home. She plays piano into her phone and sings all day. Not conducive to my telework. When the guvna announced at 11:00 a.m. that the only travel permitted was between home and to care for family or buy groceries starting at 5:00 p.m. the same day, I did what any law-abiding rational person would do -- I immediately went online with my employer and changed my mailing address to my slip. Lived at the boat during the work/school week, commuted home on the weekends.

Not sure if/when the new marina turns-off the shore water, but the dead of winter is the only part of the year that I'm unsure about. Home is a 2-hr commute not in traffic. Likely at least 4 hrs. in traffic. Air BNB may be my friend during nor-easters.
I needed a less expensive hobby, so I bought a boat!
AwayOnBusine$$
Moderate User

Post by AwayOnBusine$$ »

Good Luck!
F32 Fly 1975