10 meter mid cabin fuel starve

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

mrrudely
Sporadic User

Re: 10 meter mid cabin fuel starve

Post by mrrudely »

update
I installed a new anti syphon valve, took the boat out and it crapped out
at 4000 rpm
would not start again until I opened the crossover
I pulled the new valve out yesterday and found it was clogged (seems like this will be a recurring problem)
my Racors are pretty high up
Does anyone know if I can install the anti syphon valve at the outlet of the Racors?
10 meter mid cabin
BobCT
Active User

Post by BobCT »

ah, just seeing this now. I think the issue with relocating it would be, it would only protect everything BEFORE the valve so not the rest of the line going back up to the tank. I went through this when I first got mine, I think I cleaned the anti-siphon valves 2-3 times and never an issue since (12 years). I also installed inline 30 micron screens before my 10 micron Racors. Once I got through that initial phase, it's been perfect and I go 2-3 seasons before cleaning the screens and could probably go 4-5 years.

Bob
1988 10m mid cabin
mrrudely
Sporadic User

Post by mrrudely »

Bob
you may have meant everything after the valve
the outlet of my racors is about 1 1/2" below the top of the tank
so i am thinking everything downstream of that is protected if I locate the ani syphon valve there
the hose between the tank outlet and the racor inlet would need protection or at least be secured in place
seems like it would have to rupture or break and fall below the fuel level to create a hazard
not sure under what scenario that could happed

thoughts?
10 meter mid cabin